Celtic Marine (www.celticmarine.co.za) is based in Richards Bay, and are looking for a marine surveyor / trainee who would be willing to re-locate to Richards Bay.
They are basically looking for:
- A 2nd or 3rd Officer or possibly even a senior cadet or someone who has some form of ships/engineering knowledge
- The candidate would be required to complete an in-house study course which consists of two parts (a) internally designed Projects course followed by (b) Derritt’s Trim & Stability course. The study is conducted in conjunction with onboard training/experience about 20% / 80% split and each course would take about one year
- Training is conducted by myself (Master Mariner) doing the theory and the practical with Vladimir (Master Mariner) and our colleagues
- The study/experience is designed for the trainee surveyor to be able to conduct most types of general marine surveying such as hold cleanliness, bunker surveys, condition surveys, draft surveys etc, but the ultimate goal is to be competent to act as Supercargo/Port Captain = pre-stow planning, stability, bending moments & shearing forces, load execution, tidal loadings etc
- Salary would be dependent on the candidates knowledge and experience
Please contacy Steve O’Mahoney +27 73 875 0435